Writings of Blessed Elizabeth of the Trinity

Writings of Blessed Elizabeth of the Trinity
Writings of Blessed Elizabeth of the Trinity (mirror)
Offsite Link


"You have always forgotten your own interests 
when your Elizabeth's happiness was concerned, and 
I am sure that if I go, you will rejoice at the thought 
of my first meeting with Divine Beauty. When the 
veil falls, how gladly shall I pass to Him, into the 
very c secret of His face !' There shall I spend my 
eternity, in the bosom of the Trinity, where I dwell 
already in this life. 

" Only think, Marguerite, what it will be to con- 
template the splendour of the Divine Being in His 
own light ; to penetrate all the depths of His mystery ; 
to be one with Him we love ; to sing unceasingly of 
His glory and His love ; to ' be like Him, because 
we shall see Him as He is !'* 

" Little sister, I shall rejoice to go to heaven to 
be your angel there, and I shall be zealous for the 
beauty of your soul that I love dearly even in this 
world. 

" Always keep your faith in the love of God. If 
you have to suffer, it will be because you are more 
deeply loved ; so whatever happens, love and chant 
your thanksgiving. 

" Teach the little ones to live in the sight of God. 
I should like Elizabeth to have my devotion to the 
Holy Trinity. I shall be present at their first Com- 
munion, and will help you to prepare them for it. 

" You must pray for me. I have offended my 
Master more than you think. But, above all, thank 
Him, and say a Gloria every day. Forgive me for 
the bad example I have often set you. 

" Farewell ! How I love you ! Perhaps I shall 
soon go to the home of love. What does it matter ? 
Let us live in love, and to glorify Love, whether we 
are in heaven or on earth ! . . ." 
 
From "The praise of glory : reminiscences of Sister Elizabeth of the Trinity, a Carmelite nun of Dijon, 1901-1906"